- China lifts travel restrictions for HIV carriers I didn't even know this ban existed. Hooray for restrictions being lifted, but the whole notion makes my vision go swimmy with horror. We've come a long way here in the United States since the 80s, but that's not true for large swaths of the world. There's a shit-ton of ignorance and misinformation about HIV out there. I feel as if we've let ourselves grow lax on the issue when there's still so much to be done.
- Tory candidate Philip Lardner suspended for gay comment The really sad part is that I'm not sure if the same measures would be taken in the US.
- Oprah.com (I swear I don't normally partake in Oprah-related media) has an article by a woman engaged to a trans man about her experience. It's really sweet and positive and not full of fail. Sometimes the internet does have nice things.
- Oklahoma has passed new abortion laws. Now women who want to have an abortions have to get an ultrasound prior and hear a detailed description of the fetus. This is blatantly a shaming technique. It's disgusting and not okay to emotionally terrorize women like that. Oh and they don't make exceptions for cases of rape or incest. So their message is that even if you've been raped you should be keeping that baby. Fuck you, Oklahoma. Fuck you.
- On a lighter note, Dear World: Thank you.
That's right, tea is officially healthier than water. Never again will I listen to people [my mother] lecture me about drinking too much tea. Me and my six cups a day are very happy together, thank you. You may not understand our love, but that is not for you to judge.
Now I'm going to go have some tea and write my paper...
- I am sick for the third time this calender year. Fifth or sixth time this academic year. What the fuck.
- Base style: Blanket by
- Theme: Kings & Runaways by
Page generated Jul. 25th, 2017 10:35 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags