- Judge Orders U.S. Military to Stop ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is in no way final, but it's a huge step!
- I saw Andrea Gibson perform today! She was intense and mind-blowing as per usual. Gah, she is so fucking awesome.
- Unsurprisingly, there was a heavy queer theme to the open mic that went before Andrea Gibson's performance. There was a lot of talk about the recent media attention to recent gay suicides and bashings. Several poems were dedicated to the dead. So I was feeling pretty down on the way home. But then, this news of DADT completely cheered me up. Hooray for progress that isn't marriage! (Which is not to say that gay marriage isn't an important civil rights issue, it's just far from the most important.)
- Have been talking to people about arranging a group cosplay for Boston Comic Con. Apparently I might be dressing up at Billy Kaplan?
- I've been complaining a lot lately. Let me tell you about how fantastic my classes are to change things up.
( Cut for tl;dr )
- Live Action Pokemon Movie Trailer. I have no idea if this is a hoax or not but I would watch the shit out of that.
- Lady Gaga campaigning to repeal DADT and encouraging others to call their senators. I love this woman.
- Okay New York, what do you do when you need to receive a package but don't have a doorman/mail room? I know some people in my building ask the dry cleaner's next door to hold their packages for them, but I'm not really a customer there so it would be douchey to ask. Another reason to use their wash and fold service?
- That storm in NYC you probably heard about? It was a tornado. Oh wait, was that singular? Sorry I meant two tornados.
- Watched Tin Man the other night and loved it. I'm sad it was only 3 episodes long (albeit they were 90 minutes each) but that's how long it took them to tell the whole story so I can't complain.
( Cut for spoilers )
- Welcome to the age of the internet
- Google will now be compensating gay and lesbian couples for the extra taxes that their heterosexual counterparts do not have to pay.
- Not only is The Last Airbender a clusterfuck of race!fail, the reviews are out an it is a shit-tastic movie.
Shyamalan has boiled every epic heroic story of the past 20 years down to its most basic, primal soup-y essence, so he can spray it all over the audience, in a kind of Hero's-Journey bukkake.
Later in the film, Katara says my favorite line ever, "We need to show them that we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in their beliefs."
Recently, at an Asian fusion restaurant, I was offered a thing called an Asiadilla. This was a quesadilla with roast duck and hoisin sauce inside it. Just let that idea sink into your mind and permeate your tastebuds — in essence, it's Beijing Duck crossed with Tex-Mex. With extra cheese. Watching The Last Airbender is like being force-fed a hundred Asiadillas, washed down with a pitcher of overly sweet Saketinis.
I can so see Sokka making up the word sake-tini, by the way.
- Late to the party, but spreading the utter horror. A doctor has been treating pregnant women with experimental hormones to prevent lesbianism and non-traditional gender roles. Excuse me while I throw up.
- Ahhh apartment stress ahhhhhh
- Tiwonge Chimbalanga, one of the individuals arrested and jailed for being in a gay relationship has gone missing after being released. And our media sources still continue to misgender her.
Edit: She's safe and sound. Thanks to torachan for the link.
- Meanwhile, State-side, we have a report of increasing acceptance of gay and lesbian individuals.
For the first time, the percentage of Americans who perceive “gay and lesbian relations” as morally acceptable has crossed the 50 percent mark.
- Much to my shame, I never finished watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. But I have been remedying that in the past few weeks. ( Slightly spoilery )
- I signed up for kink_bingo