- Series 5 Doctor Who theme.
- 12 year-old playing & singing Paparazzi. Check out his other two original songs. This kid is raw, but he has got some serious talent.
- I had a moment where I listened to some Andrea Gibson for the first time in months and suddenly everything seemed like it was going to be okay. Andrea is absolutely fantastic and if you've never listened to any of her spoken word, or at least read it, go do so right now. Do not pass go, do not collect 200.
- The Avengers at Comic Con. Oh my god Clint. Clint Clint Clint. Jeremy Renner had better play him right. I want my douchey, insecure Clint Barton. And this interview with Joss Whedon confirms that there will be no Ant-Man. Presumably The Wasp won't be either. Hank and Jan, I will miss you. D:
- More Avengers movie stuff. Here's the full interview the above article was quoting from.
On Captain America and Iron Man: "They are two very different definitions of a person. One is a self-made man, a modern man, a rockstar. The other is a World War 2 grunt, just trying to do his part. They couldn't have more different views of the world. That will just end up in fun. It ended up in Civil War in the comics, in my movie it will be witty banter." SO EXCITED JSAHDJSAHDKJSAHDKJA
- xxturncoatxiii has done a terrible thing and gotten me into a new fandom. The nice thing about getting into Marvel is that this fandom is full of art. It's a nice change from being in book fandoms or talking about my own characters. What really sold me on the fandom was those moments of deep emotion that pop up amidst the fighting, or the small gestures that suddenly explain so much about a character.
Oh Tony Stark, you break my heart.
- I had a stress freak-out last night and then didn't go to class in the morning. Feeling insanely guilty about it. I'm about to skip my next class too. God I feel so bad about it. But I can't deal with school right now. I have this mental illness called "judging my entire worth as a human being by my academic success". Thank you parents and private school.
- I'm going to write a paper about Perrault! I am so excited. I have so many yummy books to read. My favorite part of going to my university's library is the other, unrelated books I find while trying to locate my research materials. I got a book on 18th century popular culture. Come on.
- My friend at Johns Hopkins has the swine flu. This is the first time that somebody I know has gotten it. I'm not worried; I'm certain he'll be fine in a week or so. The whole trend is a bit worrisome though. For whatever reason my age group is very prone to severe respiratory complications. I don't feel good about getting a vaccine which has been tested for so little time and has only been on the market for a few weeks, but I think it'll be better off if I do...
While I'm taking the whole media terror with a grain of salt, sythia has spoke with an epidemiologist who says there's cause to very concerned. Guess we'll see.
- Finally got bus tickets to Providence for this weekend. Going to spend the weekend at Brown visiting Clara.
- My dad is coming tomorrow! That means he'll take me out to eat somewhere good! And also that he's bringing me some warmer clothes. And probably a whole crapload of other things my mom is going to dump on him last minute.